This injectable form of contraception provides protection against pregnancy for 12 weeks.
When injected, either in your buttock or the muscle of your upper arm, it stops the ovaries from releasing an egg and preventing pregnancy. During the 12 weeks after injection it is 99% effective.
We can prescribe and administer this contraceptive injection at our clinic for a low fee.
Most women can receive the contraceptive injection with a few exceptions;
- Those who could already be pregnant
- Those with unusual or irregular vaginal bleeding
- Women undergoing treatment for breast cancer
- Those with heart or liver disease
- Those planning to fall pregnant in the near future
Talk to us about the contraceptive injection to find out if it would be suitable for you.